With the generous support from the U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF), HOST 2020 is offering travel grants for full-time students from U.S. universities to attend the symposium and/or its associated tutorials and workshops. With the generous support of our industry sponsors, travel grants for students from universities outside the U.S. will be available but limited.
Please be aware of the following rules:
- The applicant must be a full-time student, either high school, undergraduate, or graduate, enrolled in U.S. institutions by the time of HOST 2020.
- The travel grant recipients will receive hotel rooms in the HOST venue and free registrations for tutorials.
- Unlike previous years, HOST 2020 will not be able to cover student registration fees for the HOST main conference. Since students (or by extension their institution) will be paying for registration, they are recommended to register as early as possible - early bird and advanced registration deadlines are February 15, 2020 and April 4, 2019, respectively.
- To apply, please complete the form at https://forms.gle/ARBLPNo3ep4bP2U9A by February 15, 2020. The information that we collect is required by NSF and/or for the purpose of reimbursement.
- The grant recipients will be required to submit one paragraph describing their experience or their favorite paper at HOST 2020. Some will also be required to participate in a poster competition at HOST on May 7, 2020.
Send your questions to the HOST 2020 General Chair: Domenic Forte (dforte at ece.ufl.edu))